Ouch! That Hurts! Dealing with Difficult People
You may call them “inhuman resources.” They are difficult people. Dealing with them is a challenge and often leads to feelings of hopelessness and frustration. This presentation will identify tactics for disarming games and contentious tactics including manipulation, blame, sabotage and bullying will be emphasized.
- What are the payoffs for being difficult?
- Don’t Be the Hot Reactor
- The Seven Principles to Keep in Mind
- The targets for change: other, system and self
- Aiding and abetting: contributing to the success of the difficult person
- Assertive persistence: disarming games
- Nice people make me nervous: what’s really behind that smile
- Standing your ground: Don’t be a doormat
- How to take care of yourself when dealing with difficult people
- Moving through unfinished business