Juggling Act: Keeping All the Home and Work Balls in the Air
I have so much guilt; I can start my own religion.
Tori Amos, Singer-songwriter
In today’s world of work, you have to confront a vast array of new pressures and challenges. But even while stressful and demanding, this is a time of expanding horizons and limitless opportunities. Realizing the promise of the new world, however, calls for a new approach – new habits, new plans, and new attitudes. On top of all that, we have our home and family life to attend to! How is that possible? A “Juggling Act” has become a necessity. We must learn to “Put It All Together” and create a pleasant, nurturing, and growth oriented lifestyle.
- Identify “performance zones”: energy, low energy, burnout and anxiety.
- Why we can’t say “No”
- The pitfalls of the Super Woman Syndrome
- What Happened to My Weekends?
- The Double Whammy: The “Sandwich Generation”
- High Priority: What are your priorities? Rank order, starting with your most important order.
· Occupational satisfaction
· Financial security
· Sense of accomplishment
Three “ Shoulds” to Avoid
I should do it all myself
I should be perfect
I should be liked by everyone
key values: How to Achieve Balance
1. Physical condition- health
3. Home- family
4. Profession- career
5. Training and mental development